[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Load Balancing using client Proxy

nirajal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 00:18:01 EST 2007

I have already used Xdoclet for configuring clustered to true in jboss.xml. But that's not exactly the problem. I will explain the problem with an example:
1) I have three machines in cluster namely A, B and C.
2) IP Address for Machine A is 192.168.10.1, B is 192.168.10.2 and for C is 192.168.10.3.
3) All the three machines A, B and C are in cluster. EJB's are configured with clustered set to true and deployed on all the 3 machines.
4) I have a JNDI Client machine. I am doing lookup using HA-JNDI.
5) I specify the IP Address for access as 192.168.10.1 and port 1100.
6) I configure Round Robin Load Balancing.
7) In case an EJB is not there specific on one machine it will be fetched from the other.
  The problem is that in case Machine A(192.168.10.1) is down then I will not be able to do the lookup for EJB's. I want to have the access mechanism such that the lookup is generic. In case Machine A is down lookup should happen from Machine B or Machine C. I basiclly want some clarity on the access approach so that the lookup is generic.
Any clarity on the approach would be really helpful.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019709#4019709

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019709