[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - DataModelSelection property not set after using the back but

pnorman4 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 05:59:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a navigation problem in my Seam app.

A have a standard h:dataTable with links (s:link) to a "detail view" (much like the hotel booking demo). To find out what row was clicked, I use @DataModelSelection.

xhtml:
<s:link action="#{mainBean.selectListItem}" value="Open" />

mainBean (ScopeType.SESSION):

  | @DataModelSelection("mainListItems")
  |     private ContentListItem selectedListItem;
  |
  |     public String selectListItem() {
  |         return setCurrentObject(selectedListItem);
  |     }

The first time a click the link, the annotated property selectedListItem is set, my selectListItem action method is called and the detail view is shown correctly.

If I then use the back button, the list is shown again. But if I then click another row in the list, the selectedListItem property is not updated and the old detail view will be shown again!

The scenario is the same independent of if I'm in a conversation or not.

If I refresh the list screen after using the back button, the links works properly!

Am I doing something wrong? I can't find anything in the documentation about special configuration that's neede to get back button to work.

/Per

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019837#4019837

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019837