[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jbpmContext in Web Application

symmetrysolutions do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 07:51:45 EST 2007

I am watching several threads right now where there is confusion over the proper way to hold on to (or not hold on to) a jbpmContext within  a Web application. Can someone that is familiar with jBPM internals shed some light on this subject?

A few questions:

1. Should a jbpmContext be created for every Web request? If so, does that mean that we can not put a process instance into a session and signal it across multiple Web Requests?

I believe you can not signal a process instance once the jbpmContext in which it was loaded is closed (even without for update)?

2. Is it OK to put the jbpmContext in the web session context? If so what is downside of doing this?

My main purpose of this is to be able to put the process instance in a users session and be able to set variables and signal tokens across multiple web requests.

Thanks for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019903#4019903

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019903