[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - HAJNDI.list() broken on JBoss 4.0.X?

schaefera do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 13:47:43 EST 2007

I have a cluster with HA-JMS running and using an external context to access object on that cluster from a remote JBoss AS. That works fine with a standalone JBoss server but not with a cluster because I either need to know at all times how is the Master JMS node or I need to use HAJNDI.list() method instead of the regular naming server.

Unfortunately no JNDI bindings are registered with the HAJNDI server and when a client tries to lookup an entry through HAJNDI (port 1100) the only thing the HAJNDI does is to find a server where it can find the entry locally (see lookupLOcally and _lookupLocally on class TreeHead). Therefore HAJNDI will always return an empty list when list() is called.

I wouldn't care that much about HAJNDI if it would not be for HA-JMS. Because I do not know on which node the HA-JMS is running on right now I need to use HAJNDI.

Is there any way to make JBoss bind through HAJNDI rather the regular naming server?

Thanx - Andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020155#4020155

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020155