[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Extending the org.jboss.portal.identity.User class and j

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 23 12:46:22 EST 2007

Vijay-

I would recommend to not modify/extend the core portal database schema.

Because this can lead to messy data migration issues when upgrading to newer versions of portal.

I would recommend creating new tables for your requirements and linking the data with the core portal schema.

And yes, User is an interface so you can hook in your own implementation, or even extend our out-of-the-box implementation

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021231#4021231

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021231