[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - JBoss AOP with InfraRED

jcollins914 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 23 14:46:57 EST 2007

Hello,

I am working with JBoss 4.0.4.GA, and am deploying an EAR project which currently contains a .war, and a .aop.  I would like to try out InfraRED with this setup, and begin to enjoy the benefits of its code profiling abilities.

http://infrared.sourceforge.net/versions/latest/

The product currenlty provides built in AOP support for AspectJ/AspectWerkz, but this quote on their overview page is the only information that provides me with little other than a ray of hope that it's possible, "It can also be made to work with other AOP frameworks such as JBoss AOP etc."

I looked around for other documentation on how, (to make this possibility a reality), including on the InfraRED sourceforge site (where I read all of the documentation and then searched their forum).  I searched this JBoss AOP forum for the keyword InfraRED, (nothing).  Of course I also Googled around for a while, with no findings of this combination.  Has anyone ever tested InfraRED with JBossAOP?  I would be thrilled and appreciative if someone could provide a direction or ideally, some instructions on how to go about making them work together?

I started looking into AspectJ/AspectWerkz... but we worked pretty hard to get JBossAOP incorporated into our project, and I'd prefer to just go w/ it if I can make it work.

Thanks,
  Jeff

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021279#4021279

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021279