[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jbpmContext in Web Application

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 24 06:51:39 EST 2007

Longrunning transactions should not be stored in a session... but in a reference and fixed at the protocol level (locking etc.., see the ws-* standards)

The web application should only concentrate on one task, and what you describe is a kind of wizard. Multiple pages committing data to one task. Copying them over should not be for you to worry, but the container and api of the engine (and it does that for you).  Varibables for tasks are stored separately and only when ' committed' (task is finished) they are copied to the processlevel again.... so I do not see a problem here.

I think you should look at things from a different perspective. Writing your own persistece in addition to jBPM is not strange. We've developed our own domain models for different apps with  persistency and use jBPM to control some flow. We maintain relations between the flow and our domain model by storing the processid and relevant tokeid's in our domainmodel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021576#4021576

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021576