[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Running the booking example on JBoss with the JSF 1.2 RI

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 24 09:24:36 EST 2007

Yes, we need new threads for this stuff.  You have different issues.  Can each of you start a new thread with all relevant info?  I'll do my best to help you.  When you are done, post links here.

Note that for JBoss 5.0, this is beta code.  I've also noticed that hot deploy is a little flaky.  You might need to restart the server sometimes instead of using hot deploy.  Sometimes, if it doesn't hot deploy you can hit Ctrl-C in the server window and it will start deploying.

Also, there are lots of configuration and deployment issues with JSF right now.  The main reason is that we are moving away from the old  deployment model where you had to bundle and configure a lot of things inside your WAR.  With JBoss 4.2 and JBoss 5, a lot of this (plus new functionality) is done automatically by the container.  If you try to do things the old way, it often won't work.

So please help me out where you can.  I want to make sure that documentation is clear for this stuff.  Please let me know how we can make the wiki better or how we can better communicate the changes.

BTW, the wiki for JSF starts here: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossFaces

Thanks,

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021624#4021624