[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Combining list and all CRUD functionality on a single page?

lawrieg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 25 03:30:59 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm just wondering whether it makes sense to combine listing and all create, read, update and delete functionality all on the same page?

The reason I ask is that all the examples I've seen tend to split this functionality out onto separate pages, and coming from a Swing background this seems strange to me. I think I can see why web apps used to be done this way (because people thought in terms of pages and page-flows and due to not being easily able to store a page's state), but I can't see why you'd go for this approach now when using Seam to develop a desktop app replacement (especially if using Ajax).

Can anyone tell me why the single page approach isn't used? Have I missed something?

Thanks,

Lawrie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021914#4021914

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021914