[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: First JBoss Seam book released

dxxvi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 05:45:18 EST 2007

"kasim" wrote :
  | Just a quick comment.
  |
  | The books may be out of date already (including the one i wrote) ... if you are an experienced Seam developer.
  |
  | However ... the books tend to go over a lot of the foundations and basics. These items arent changing drastically. And the other items like iText, etc ... once you have the basics are easily understandable.
  |
  | So at the very least ... they are good for that information.
  |
  | Heck i've used Hibernate for years ... and still use my hibernate book as a reference on a few things.

So sad to hear that :(( because that means I wasted about $17 to buy this book on buy.com.

I prefer having the book thinner/shorter because of the removal of all outdated information than having a thick/long book with uncompilable/deprecated examples.

IMHO, it's better not to publish the book in Apr 07, wait for a couple of months when Seam is "mature" (I don't mean that mature is buggy) enough, then update the book. I think I will use Spring (including Acegi) + JPA + JSF + Facelets + Ajax4jsf for this year then Seam & Spring can integrate and we have the best of the bests?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022335#4022335

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022335