[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Generate wsdl from JSR 181 POJO

allantodd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 06:22:52 EST 2007

Hi,

I've been looking at this too over the last few days. The easiest way I can find is to do the following:

1) Compile your annotated JSR 181 pojo
2) Create a war file containing just the pojo class and web.xml
3) Deploy the war file and use your browser to get the WSDL by browsing to, for example, http://localhost:8080/jaxws-samples-jsr181pojo/TestService?wsdl
4) Save the WSDL and use this to generate the endpoint interface, JAX-RPC mapping, etc as per the example in the JBossWS user guide.

If you look at the war file created by the JSR181 POJO example, you will see that it doesn't include the supplied WSDL file. The WSDL file is provided just for use by wstools, and is basically identical to the one you will get from your browser.

  | jar tvf output/libs/jaxws-samples-jsr181pojo.war
  |
  | META-INF/
  | META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
  | WEB-INF/
  | WEB-INF/web.xml
  | WEB-INF/classes/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/test/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/test/ws/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/samples/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/samples/jsr181pojo/
  | WEB-INF/classes/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/samples/jsr181pojo/JSEBean01.class

It ought to be possible to get hold of the WSDL some other way, but I haven't figured it out yet. A bit of a shortcoming in the example I think.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022351#4022351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022351