[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal 2.6 Alpha 2 Release

swestbom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 16:31:40 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : The build direcotry has distrib.xml which has different targets to build different sar. If you just want to get jboss-portal.sar quickly, do "ant -f distrib.xml package-normal -Dno-doc=true". You will see jboss-portal.sar that you need.

It is looking for ../../jboss-portal-2.6 at the top and fails on line 192 because of these missing directories.

Ok, I am a nag.  I've said it before, but you really should stop using home grown build procedures and switch to Maven 2.  All these packaging, test build, website deployment and dependency issues just go away when you stop building customized packaging logic with homegrown directories for staging intermediate results.  None of these features require a line of code if you stick to its layouts and conventions (they really are not intrusive on the design)

As someone who has used both, I think what you are doing is equivalent to me building my own portal server because I have some portlets I wrote.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022688#4022688

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022688