[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Choosing JBPM?

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 17:16:59 EST 2007

The console is a module of the jBPM jPDL installation. jBPM BPEL 1.1.Beta3 builds on jBPM 3.2.Beta1, so that is the distribution you are looking for. Please visit the sourceforge file releases. Once you unzip the distribution, go to jbpm-jpdl-3.2.Beta1/deploy and you will find the console there. Currently, the console offers monitoring features for jPDL only. I am starting a discussion in the design forum about BPEL support. If you'd like, follow the discussion there.

anonymous wrote : for a developer who has to complete the investigation in couple of weeks, find out the best BPEL engine which will satisfy the company's most of the requirements, it can become really frustrating with little documentation that we get. The difference is JBPM developers [for that matter developer on any given product] 'live'  JBPM day in and out and we don't. We are trying to get there in very short period of time.
For a developer who has to read specs, implement a product, test in as many environments as possible, write documentation, find meaningful examples, give support to customers and still manage to find time to answer questions in the forums, it is frustrating to have a 72-page manual called 'little' documentation.

Agreed: it might not be enough. However, you might be surprised at how poorly documented are some of the jBPM BPEL dependencies, despite their technical merit. Instead of bashing the creators, I appreciate their effort, dive into their code to avoid bothering them with trivial issues and contribute improvements whenever I can.

Free open source not only means "free to download" but also "free to review" and "free to improve".

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022712#4022712

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022712