[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam EL extension configuration problem

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 18:20:06 EST 2007

I'm using Seam 1.1.7 and facelets, and it appears I'm getting the vanilla EL interpreter rather than Seam's enhanced version.

For instance, when I use an expression like this:

  | 	#{FeedImport.generalErrors.size()}

I get an parse exception like this:

  | Caused by: com.sun.el.parser.ParseException: Encountered "(" at line 1, column 32.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     "}" ...
  |     "." ...
  |     "[" ...
  |     ">" ...
  | .... (more stuff like this)
  |
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.generateParseException(ELParser.java:1651)
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.jj_consume_token(ELParser.java:1531)
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.DeferredExpression(ELParser.java:134)
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.CompositeExpression(ELParser.java:61)
  | 	at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.createNodeInternal(ExpressionBuilder.java:103)

Section 24.1 of the guide explains that I need to have

  |     <application>
  |         <view-handler>org.jboss.seam.ui.facelet.SeamFaceletViewHandler</view-handler>
  |     </application>

in faces-config.xml, which I do.  And using a debugger I verified that this is getting loaded and appears to register Seam's EL compiler - though from the exception it looks like the vanilla EL resolver is being used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022747#4022747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022747