[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Mapping of Oracle REF CURSOR in standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml ?

rkhurana do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 27 08:53:22 EST 2007

Hi
My program that runs outside the jboss environment opens a db connection using Jboss connection pool setting(data sources). It is able to execute sqls and stored procedures correctly. However if a stored procedure has output parameter defined as REF CURSOR, then it fails to execute that procedure and reports Proxy$4 exception without any details. I suspect there is a missing mapping in standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml for REF CURSOR. Could someone advice if that indeed is the problem and how to configure this mapping?

  <java-type>java.sql.resultset</java-type>
  <jdbc-type>??
  <sql-type>??

thanks
RK