[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: xmbean as service... and two more questions

jiwils do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 27 10:21:13 EST 2007

"vitor_b" wrote : One more thing:

  | Standard MBean has three default attributes:
  | - StateString
  | - State
  | - Name
  |
  | My XMBean has only attributes i created. So if i want to provide these attributes for my XMBean what should i do?

Don't use the code in your post.  If you extend ServiceMBeanSupport, you have that functionality already.

XMBeans are based on the XML deployment descriptor as the model, so you have to specify these attributes in it.  Fortunately, the DTD for the XMBean deployment descriptor makes this easy enough.

After making sure you specify the document type like so:

<!DOCTYPE mbean PUBLIC
  |    "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS XMBEAN 1.2//EN"
  |    "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_xmbean_1_2.dtd">

Add the following to your XML in the same section as your other attributes:

&defaultAttributes;

You can use the following to add the lifecycle operations as well:

&defaultOperations;

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023103#4023103

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023103