[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Two basic questions from a new potential user

wjscott do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 27 23:02:13 EST 2007

Hello all,

I really appreciate the time you are taking to look into this. Thanks in advance.

Question 1: J2EE Question
I want to implement EJB3 using JBoss on a Solaris server for JSP, Servlets, and Web Services. Is it possible to implement a persistent/transactional model with using enterprise beans and session / message beans and still keep a library that can be used on a disconnected client application? Currently we use our library to manage a list of people for example in our client/server model as well as a single standing swing application. Can I continue to use that library in both client and server?

Question 2: JBoss Deployment Question
We currently use Tomcat for our web application. The problem is that we cannot deploy without people losing their sessions. We pretty much have people in our system 24/7 so that poses a problem. Can JBoss support deployment of new web applications without the current users losing their sessions?

Thanks in advance to everyone that can help me out.

Jared

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023455#4023455

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023455