[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Siebel Resource Adapter for JBoss

mandarkul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 00:19:34 EST 2007

Hi Weston,

I will just explain the scenario,
1) When I call factory.getConnection() method the container calls the "createManagedConnectionConnection" method with an instance of "ConnectionManager" being passed as an argument.If I print the class-name the output is "BaseConnectionManager2" class of JBoss.
2) We are expecting the entire control being taken over by JBoss.Similarly the task of creating the connection and attaching a listener to it is expected to be done by the ConnectionManager.Therefore we are relying on BaseConnectionManager2 to create a connection and attach a listener to it.
3) In ManagedConnection's close method we are invoking the listeners explicitly.So as per our understanding the task of associating a Connection with its litener is the task of JBoss and not our RA. Correct me If I m wrong.

ManagedConnection's close method and "notifyClose" method that invokes the listeners attached to the connection.
public void close() {

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023473#4023473

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023473