[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JBoss 5beta1, JSF1.2 and Netbeans Visual Web Pack

h0ppy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 06:25:31 EST 2007

Hi, I'm trying to get a net beans visual web pack created project to deploy in Jboss 5 beta 1.  Initially Jboss complained that the generated managed-beans.xml was not well formed, but I couldn't see anything wrong with it according the the JSF1.2 schema:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <faces-config version="1.2" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd">
  |     <managed-bean>
  |         <managed-bean-name>BackOfficeSession</managed-bean-name>
  |         <managed-bean-class>com.uk.realistic.regal.web.BackOfficeSession</managed-bean-class>
  |         <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
  |     </managed-bean>
  | (all lot more of the same)
  |
  | </faces-config>

Moving this into the main faces-config.xml and removing the reference to managed-beans.xml in web.xml fixes this.  Any ideas why it thinks it isn't well formed?

The next problem is that it will not compile any .jsp file that uses a Visual Web Pack component (Woodstock components), I get a huge number of errors far too long to publish here, but here are the interesting ones:

  | org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
  |
  | An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /Index.jsp
  | Generated servlet error:
  | The method setId(String) in the type UIComponentClassicTagBase is not applicable for the arguments (JspValueExpression)
  | ..
  | ..
  | An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /Footer.jspf
  | Generated servlet error:
  | The method setId(String) in the type UIComponentClassicTagBase is not applicable for the arguments (JspValueExpression)
  |

  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:85)
  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:329)
  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:415)
  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
  |         at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)
  | ..
  | ..
  | ..
  | An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /Footer.jspf
  | Generated servlet error:
  | The method setId(String) in the type UIComponentClassicTagBase is not applicable for the arguments (JspValueExpression)
  |

  |         at com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:418)
  |         at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.executePageToBuildView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:480)
  |         at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:125)
  |         at com.sun.rave.web.ui.appbase.faces.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:285)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:133)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:244)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:140)
  | An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /Footer.jspf
  | Generated servlet error:
  | The method setId(String) in the type UIComponentClassicTagBase is not applicable for the arguments (JspValueExpression)
  |

  |         at com.sun.rave.web.ui.appbase.faces.ViewHandlerImpl.cleanup(ViewHandlerImpl.java:559)
  |         at com.sun.rave.web.ui.appbase.faces.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:290)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:133)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:244)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:140)

I feel that I should be performing some additional configuration for the woodstock (visual web pack/creator 2) components, but have no idea where to start!  Any suggestions/pointers would be most welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023580#4023580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023580