[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Shared Jar files in RAR and WAR

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 12:04:46 EST 2007

To do this you will need to change the default settings for Tomcat to use the JBossWebLoader by default and to use Parent2Child delegation. Since you didn not post what version of JBoss you are using I will assume JBoss 4.x. In your deploy directory you will see a directory

jbossweb-tomcat55.sar

Navigate to the META-INF directory and locate the jboss-service.xml file. In this file you will see two attributes

false
false

set both of these to true. This will force the WAR deployment to not use an isolated classloader.

Note, I don't really recommend doing this as it will effect every single WAR deployment in JBoss and pretty much violates the whole point of the WAR classloader to begin with. If you use Ant or some other automated build process the real solution would be to simply package your archives for your appropriate platform. Since this is simply a matter or excluding/including files, this would be the better approach.

Good luck.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023818#4023818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023818