[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jPDL and BPEL Integration

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 17:18:34 EST 2007

yes it is mature enough. Although I do not work for JBoss/Red Hat, I'm under an NDA, so cannot disclose the names, but some major institutions are using it. So the time to get on the open source bandwagon is now, honestly. But be aware that these are not end-user or pure business tools (as you've probably read in the blogs. Not only is this the case for jBPM, but also for licence-fee-required companies (I've worked with/tried several of them). Some java knowledge is needed (a little more than knowing what a classpath is)

JBoss Stream? JBoss Seam you mean... there is nice integration, although I've not worked with the integration part (I've worked with seam and am impressed)

Creating one model will result in to complex models, different concerns, different models... should not be to big of a problem... trust me..

BPMN/XPDL: You've probably read Tom's blog. XPDL is now officially the 'technical'  representation of BPMN, so those 2 are aligned. Still, there is JPDL, BPEL, ebBP. XPDL and ebBP can be realized on jBPM, since the core is in fact language agnostic (as can be seen by JPDL and BPEL being implemented on the same core.  Seam pageflow is btw also implemented as a 'language' on top of the jbpm core.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023998#4023998

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023998