[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JDBC Transaction integration

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 2 14:10:14 EST 2007

Yes, you'll find that JPA let's you do pretty much what you want. If not, you can hit the datasource.  You can't inject a datasource directly. You'd need to create an @Unwrap component to perform the actual datasource JNDI lookup.  Then you can directly inject it.  Or, you can use an EJB3 component and use the @Resource annotation to get the data source.   But, I'd recommend trying to use the JPA functionality.

Datasources are transactional and are aware of your JTA transaction.   You don't have to do ANYTHING to get this to work.  I would recommend using the TransactionalSeamPhaseListener and letting Seam manage the transactions to let Seam control the transaction boundaries.

If all of your stuff is going to the same DB, I don't think you truly need XA.  But, if you do, have a look at the new jboss transaction manager. http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbosstm.    (the old arjuna stuff)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997333#3997333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997333