[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to get conversation ID in portlet

h.cahyadi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 2 21:06:38 EST 2007

I am not try it yet, but as a description I have two portlet A and B that perform IPC, and I want to get the current conversation ID in potlet B, because every time I click on portlet A that perform IPC to portlet B it creates new conversation, not used the previous conversation, so if I can get the current conversation ID, I can killed previous conversation, so I am not facing memory problem, here is my code for portlet B :

public class BPortlet extends MyFacesGenericPortlet {

	public static class Listener implements PortalNodeEventListener {

		public PortalNodeEvent onEvent(PortalNodeEventContext context,
				PortalNodeEvent event) {
				//Listener for IPC
	}

	@SuppressWarnings("unused")
	private static final Log log = LogFactory.getLog(BPortlet.class);

	private String viewPage = null;

	private String editPage = null;

	private String helpPage = null;

	@SuppressWarnings("unused")
	private FacesContext fContext;

	protected void doEdit(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
	}

	protected void doHelp(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
	}

	@Override
	public void init() throws PortletException, UnavailableException {
	}

	public void render(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
	}

	protected void setDefaultView() throws UnavailableException {
	}

	@Override
	public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
			log.info((String)request.getParameter("conversationId"));
			log.info("{convesationId}");
	}

	@Override
	protected void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
	}

	@Override
	protected FacesContext facesContext(PortletRequest request,
			PortletResponse response) {
	}

	@Override
	protected void facesRender(RenderRequest arg0, RenderResponse arg1)
			throws PortletException, IOException {
	}

	@Override
	protected ReleaseableExternalContext makeExternalContext(
			PortletRequest arg0, PortletResponse arg1) {
	}

	@Override
	protected void nonFacesRequest(RenderRequest arg0, RenderResponse arg1)
			throws PortletException {
	}
	@Override
	protected String selectDefaultView(RenderRequest arg0, RenderResponse arg1)
			throws PortletException {
	}

}

may be you can look at the process action method, I have try to get conversationID but it fails, can you help me with this problem....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997411#3997411

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997411