[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Out/@DataModelSelection issues when using s:link but not wi

cmdrclueless do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 12:05:10 EST 2007

I've run into strange issues when trying to use s:link verses ice:commandLink for performing an action when the selected item is in a dataTable element. I'm just trying to find out if it's a bug or a horrible misunderstanding on my part.

In a nutshell I have a Session bean with three private member: A list annotated with @DataModel, an item annotated with @DataModelSelection, and another item annotated with @Out(required=false).

If I use <ice:commandLink action="#{manager.updateItem}" value="#{itemBean.name}"> then SEAM correctly updates the data model selection. I set the @Out member in the updateItem() method and then return a JSF navigation string to a new page. Everything works as expected on the new page and the corresponding manager's @In annotation.

I was using <s:link action="#{manager.updateItem}" value="#{itemBean.name}">, the method would get invoked but data model selection was always null. The @Out annotated member did not work either, even if I set the value during the updateItem() method with a 'new Item()' value.

Is the the correct behavior?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997623#3997623

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997623