[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Packaging question

jblackmore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 14:44:39 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : (be careful to make sure app1 deploys before app2)

The best/only way I found to enforce the specific EAR deployment order upon JBoss AS startup was to implement my own DeploymentSorter, similar to PrefixDeploymentSorter:

  | public class MyDeploymentSorter extends DeploymentSorter implements Comparator
  | {
  |   public int compare(Object o1, Object o2) {
  |
  |     URL url1=(URL) o1;
  |     URL url2=(URL) o2;
  |
  |     if( (url1.toString()).contains("app1.ear") &&  (url2.toString()).contains("app2.ear") ) {
  |       return -1;
  |     }
  |     if( (url2.toString()).contains("app1.ear") &&  (url1.toString()).contains("app2.ear") ) {
  |       return 1;
  |     }
  |     return super.compare(url1, url2);
  |   }
  | }

Then, obviously, I configure conf/jboss-service.xml to use my deployment sorter:

  | <attribute name="URLComparator">org.fqn.MyDeploymentSorter</attribute>

Is there another way to do this? I burned up some hours on this, mainly because I couldn't let go of the expectation that deployment ordering should be automatic if there are dependencies (e.g., app2.ear contains an EJB that depends on an EJB in app1.ear), OR that there must be some way to specify deployment ordering in a deployment descriptor. Unless I've missed something, there isn't, but MyDeploymentSorter does what I want. Sorry if I'm getting off-topic.

Cheers,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997682#3997682

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997682