[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - When is outjection done?

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 15:03:06 EST 2007

I had @Out on a property but then got a org.jboss.seam.RequiredException "Out attribute requires value for component". So I changed it to @Out(required=true) and the exception went away.

Why did this exception come up when all I did was access the page for the first time? There was a property on the page bound to the @Out property of that bean, so I'm guessing that the bean had to have been instantiated on this first access.

But I'm confused as to why the @Out required something to be outjected at that time as well...shouldn't outjection only occur after somebody does something on that page, such as clicking a button with an action bound to that bean? Otherwise when could you get away with @Out without required=true? Is @Out used with required=true most of the time, or without it?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997687#3997687

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997687