[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Need help on converting SQL to EJB QL

scout1lacno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 19:25:14 EST 2007

Hi all,

Im having problems with my EJB QL statements. Im using MySQL as my database..

The SQL statement below works perfectly on MySQL:

  | select o.dateArrived, o.custName , o.IDCategory
  | from tblMessages AS o WHERE o.IDCategory =  "+categoryId+"  and DATE_SUB( '"+dateReceived+"' , INTERVAL 2 DAY )  <= o.datArrived ORDER BY o.datArrived DESC

When transfered the statements to my facade:

  | public List getData(String categoryId, String dateReceived){
  |
  |         return em.createQuery
  |        ("select o.dateArrived, o.custName , o.IDCategory"+
  |        "from TblMessages AS o WHERE o.IDCategory = "+categoryId+" and "+
  |         "and DATE_SUB( '"+dateReceived+"' ,     INTERVAL 2 DAY )  <= o.dateArrived,
  |         ORDER BY o.datReceived DESC").getResultList();
  |
  | }

It produce an exception: javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected token: 2

Any suggestions?

Thanks. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997761#3997761

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997761