[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JBoss-App configuration.

narsibvl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 19:47:05 EST 2007

We are in the processing of upgrading to JBoss AS 4.0.5 from one of the older versions. I dropped in an existing jboss-app.xml file from the older version into the /deploy directory of 4.0.5 and it crashes on startup.

The error i am getting is

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Invalid XML: file=META-INF/jboss-app.xml; - nested throwable: (org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "module" must match "((ejb|java|web),alt-dd?)".)

Here is a sample code from my jboss-app.xml.

<jboss-app>
     <.module>
	<.ejb>Core.jar</.ejb>
	<external-path>     C:/ormStream31/Server/EJB/Core.jar
                </external-path>
     </.module>
     <.module>
	<.web>
  	       <web-uri>EDS.war</web-uri>
	       <context-root>EDS</context-root>
	</.web>
	<external-path> C:/FormStream31/Server/webapps/EDS.war
                 </external-path>
      </.module>
</jboss-app>

(The periods are only to make sure the tags show up and they are not the problem)

Obviously the dtd for jBoss-app has changed since the older version we were using and looks like the new dtd doesn't like the <external-path>.

Now, how does one go about configuring the jar and war files in 4.05 ?
Where do you specify the external-path ?

Can some one point me to a sample jboss-app that uses jar and war files in 4.0.5

Thanks
Narsi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997765#3997765

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997765