[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using Seam gem for tomcat with and without embedded ejb3

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 08:33:06 EST 2007

You could add EJB3 to the tomcat profile but then you'd be getting close to the more fully featured app server you were trying to avoid.  With tomcat on JBoss, you'd pretty much have exactly what you'd have with only tomcat but you'd have the benefit of JBoss deployment, classloading, security, clustering, logging, management, etc...

I don't know about hosting issues.  You are probably right that if someone else is providing hosting and providing the actual server, you may have more options with naked tomcat.

You know - I don't think I've heard from anyone deploying a Seam app on tomcat+JBoss w/ embedded EJB3.  I'll have to give that a try later and verify that there aren't any issues.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997909#3997909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997909