[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Action Classes won't instantiate

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 14:50:51 EST 2007

Seam 1.1.0GA.  I used the seam tool to create an action class.  I then added more methods to it.  When I attempt to run it i get:

javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id _id55:_id59
	org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:79)
	javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:94)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:168)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:343)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:137)
	org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamRedirectFilter.doFilter(SeamRedirectFilter.java:32)
	org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamExceptionFilter.doFilter(SeamExceptionFilter.java:46)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

I hooked up my debugger to Seam and it throws an exception in Component.instantiateSessionBean(), on Object bean = Naming.getInitialContext().lookup(jndiName) [line 1027];  It throws a naming exception.  What's up with this?

Looking at the stack in my debugger it is clear that this method is called as a result of newInstance so why should it expect to have a bean in jndi?  Am I missing something?  I built the booking example and deployed it and got similiar errors.

I am trying to evaluate Seam to see if it is the right framework for us to standardize on.  I like what I read but this kind of problem leaves me wary.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998042#3998042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998042