[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Application scoped component throws Serialization Exception

bluetrade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 17:28:47 EST 2007

Hi,
in my web application, I use some Application Scoped components that interact with other non-Seam components (i.e. Lucene) - since initializing components that are required takes a lot of time, I decided to use this approach. Now, I in the A-Scoped comp. I have a reference to some non-serializable components - which gives me problems if the application runs for some time (not initially after deployment but after some half hour or so). I get:

org.jboss.serial.exception.SerializationException: Could not create instance of org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter - org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter

I reckon it's related because I have:

  | @Startup(depends={"speechConfig","luceneConfig"})
  | @Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.APPLICATION)
  | @Name("processing")
  | public class Processing implements ProcessingIf, Serializable{
  |
  | private LuceneIndexer indexer;

  | }
  |

  | public class LuceneIndexer {
  | private String noEntries;
  | private IndexWriter iw;
  | public LuceneIndexer() { /* some initialization of iw */}
  |
  | public void indexEntry(String entry) { ... }
  |
  | }

Do you know what I could do in order to make sure that the IndexWriter doesn't get Serialized - since this seems to be the problem...
thanks,
Joey

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998088#3998088

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998088