[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Portal Future

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 5 11:30:52 EST 2007

Sorry - I hope nobody took me to be promoting portal usage.  Portals are a great idea, but I don't have any significant experience with JSR 168 or JBoss Portal to know when/where they should be used.  I like the idea, but my knowledge of them begins and ends with my conversations with the guys running jboss.org.  I would certainly not try and implement something like that without something (portal, whatever) providing some support.  But that's just me. :)

On the dvd store - when I said "simulate" a portal, I just meant I tried to create distinct portal-like regions serviced by Seam components.  Templating worked great, but I think I would have liked addtional jsf components to manage content-areas better.  I could have built them myself, but I'm lazy.   Portal-like content areas are not what the dvd store is about and I should have to spend time developing that kind of infrastructure when I'm trying to write a storefront app.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998312#3998312

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998312