[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: 1.2Beta: performance test deploy-destination steps gives

ovidiu.feodorov@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 5 21:20:04 EST 2007

batter wrote : Also noticed that my receive rate is higher than my send rate, impressive :-)

Please make sure that you're not in a local singularity area, where the time-space continuum is distorted.

:)

The story behind the framework is that we wanted to introduce a new kind of tests, the performance test, so it can be automated and systematically run before each major release, and so help us to keep a documented track of how key performance metrics evolved over time and warn us if we majorly screwed up, or allow us to pat ourselves on the back otherwise.

The framework is infrastructure for that (you may have noticed that is intended to save data series in a database).

Unfortunately (or better said, unfortunately for the time being), the amount of raw functionality to be implemented in the main code base exceeds our resource pool, so the whole performance measuring and monitoring thing has (and I must stress, temporarily) fallen down the priorty list.

Once we're feature complete after 1.2, we plan to return to the performance framework and make it more solid. If you're interested in this area, and have ideas on how to improve things, please feel free to contribute them, they are appreciated. Better yet, code them ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998440#3998440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998440