[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Portal Future

perwik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 7 15:01:25 EST 2007

I've followed the development of Seam for about a year now, but it's only recently that I've started to build something with it. I see a need for splitting my project into modules (call them portlets if you like).

The problem with these modules is that, as far as I understand, if I want to deploy a new version of a module to my site (let's say I've added some features to the forum part of the site) I'd have to redeploy the whole .ear and reload everything (this could be 10 different modules with any number of entities and SFSBs etc.) and by doing that the whole site would be down, if only for a minute or two. Is there something I've missed here? From what I've seen, this kind of dynamic loading is something you'd get with JBoss Portal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998742#3998742

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998742