[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Dealing with JAR conflicts

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 04:01:01 EST 2007

Here's the problem: My application is using Apache HttpClient to do various things.  Unfortunately it absolutely relies on version 3.0 of HttpClient, and also unfortunately, JBoss 4.0.5 is packaged with an older version.  When my application tries to call the setRequestEntity method, which doesn't exist in the older HttpClient, I get a NoSuchMethod exception of course.

I have put the httpclient.jar inside my .ear file, and put in code like this:
    <module>
  |         <java>httpclient.jar</java>
  |     </module>
in application.xml, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas or solutions on this?  Would it be safe for me to simply replace the
./lib/commons-httpclient.jar
  | ./client/commons-httpclient.jar
  | ./server/default/lib/commons-httpclient.jar
files with the more recent JAR?  I assume it would be safe because the current JAR is backward-compatible with the older versions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998884#3998884

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998884