[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Dealing with JAR conflicts

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 04:40:15 EST 2007

Now I am completely baffled.  I took apart jbossall-client.jar and replaced the httpclient in there.  I checked every jar in the jboss directory for httpclient, and replaced every instance of it.  I deleted the tmp work directory with my app.  And I still get java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod.setRequestEntity(Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/RequestEntity;)V
which seems impossible because every PostMethod that I can find within the JBoss directories at this point inherits from EntityEnclosingMethod, which certainly has setRequestEntity.  It's almost like JBoss is loading this particular class from somewhere outside the JBoss directories.  Does anyone have any ideas?  This is a bit crazy.  It shouldn't be so hard to get httpclient working within JBoss.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998890#3998890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998890