[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Dealing with JAR conflicts

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 05:21:41 EST 2007

Now I tried setenv doing:

setenv JAVA_OPTS '-Xbootclasspath/p:/home/me/MyApp/extras/httpclient.jar'

before running JBoss and it still did not work.  I could modify Sun's classloader in rt.jar so that it is forced to load all classes from the httpclient from a certain directory, or I could rebuild httpclient and change the package name so that it will be a totally different class... but this seems like a crazy amount of stuff to do to use a class, especially when the class I am trying to replace is no longer within the jboss directories at all.  Can anyone confirm where JBoss might be trying to load that class from?  Does JBoss ever load classes over the net when it starts up?  Or does it ever use some other strange classloader formats, like loading from non-standard class files?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998928#3998928

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998928