[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How To Deploy An Application As A Portlet On JBoss Portal 2

hussain_rangwala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 08:40:47 EST 2007

Hi,
I have a web application and its running fine on a Jboss AS 2.4.0 However i wish to deploy the same as a portlet on JBoss Portal 2.4.0.I followed all the steps for Deploying an application as a portlet on Jboss portal.However i am unable to deploy the same .I am facing the following issue:
1)Neither the portlet shows up when i click on the portlets link nor a portlet instance is created.
However I have the following doubts.
1)What all changes are required in portlet.xml,portlet-instances.xml,*-object.xml.jboss-portlet.xml.
2)Are there any changes to be done in other files apart from the one above.
3)Also what should we write in the tag <portlet-class> in the portlet.xml file coz i have many class files under the classes folder.
4)Also can you please explain the different elements in portlet.xml and how do we map the same for our application.

Kindly reply as soon as possible.
Thanks and regards
Hussain

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999006#3999006