[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: difference between node and task-node

asmo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 08:49:20 EST 2007

as far as i know, task-nodes are used to assign tasks to human actors. tasks are actions, which must be executed by a person.

Nodes are used to execute actions by external systems ( it-systems) e.g. a database update....
no human person is involved.
an other difference is, that the node is no wait state ( unlike the task-node ).
that means, that the processinstance execute the list of actions, which is defined for the node and direct leave the node. Therefore, you must tell the processinstance in one of the actions, which transtion should be taken ( node.leave("transition")) otherwise, the default transtion would be taken.

I hope, i could help ( i know, my english is awful)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999012#3999012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999012