[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Portal Future

h.cahyadi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 21:10:35 EST 2007

Hi Gavin, nice to see your post again :)

I want to share my experience when using seam+portlet+jsf+facelets, may be I also have post some of them in the diferent topic, but I found some new problem yesterday.

Here is my spec :
- Seam 1.1.0 GA
- Jboss portal 2.4 GA

I have an application which have 2 portlet windows in one page that perform IPC(Inter Portlet Communication), says I have portlet A and Portlet B, in portlet B I have a listener, so everytime I click in portlet A, it performs action to portlet B and here is my problem :

1. When everytime I click in the portlet A it creates new conversation, eventhough in my "controller" I already define @Begin(join=true)

2. Some method called multiple times, I think that this is because of this issue : http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1411 or this http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1338  or this http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg28583.html :)

3. when I try to change javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD parameter to server I found that everytime I click at the portlet A, I also found that portlet A displayed in the portlet B window, but when I switch back that parameter to client it works well, when I click into the portlet A, in the portlet B windows displays it self, with response to my action in the portlet A

may be jboss guys from seam division and portal division or some body out there can help me solved this problem, and for now, is there any of you working with same environment with me, and already use this commbination in production level, is seam+portal combination ready for production level?

Thanx for all your attention

-haric-

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999278#3999278

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999278