[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Entity not persisting from within a Servlet Filter

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 02:56:37 EST 2007

You can definitely do this from a filter.  I have a servlet that gets an EntityManager.  It must get a transaction to work!  It can do queries without a transaction but it cannot do writes without one.  As for why it can't find a transaction, I have no idea.  Maybe post some of your persistence configuration stuff?  With my setup it works no problem, and a Servlet is not very different from a Filter.

But in general, most things like that should happen in Seam components.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999343#3999343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999343