[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to hide __unchecked__ pages for authenticated users

bvogt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 07:38:26 EST 2007

The goal is to have a public landing page to show some general information about the portal features the users will have after logging in to the portal.

This(these) page(s) are not needed for an authenticated user, because the features (i.e. pages) are displayed instead.

The SAP Netweaver portals solution is to use so-called 'anonymous users', which are normal  portal users (they have a portal session) with the exception that they can access anonymous content only.
The disadvantage here is, that the anonymous users session has to be invalidated before the session for the authenticated user can be created.

jBoss doesn't have a session for 'guest' users, right?
So, to have them access content it requires the 'Unchecked' role?

In general I think a solution may be to set a (boolean) 'declaredProperty' on the page within our content generator portlet and suppress rendering of the 'Unchecked' pages within our custom navigation portlet.

A better solution would be to detect the 'Unchecked' Role of a page within our custom login module.

Thanks for time you spent on this, Thomas.

Burkhard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999424#3999424

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999424