[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - AJAX4JSF

lixopmstp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 13:00:58 EST 2007

Hi,

When I deploy my application on JBoss Portal Server 2.4 (happens on 2.6DR1 as well)  I get an error (details below) and my AJAX4JSF stuff doesn't work.  However when I deploy it on regular JBoss AS (4.0.4 SP1) it works just fine.
Apparently Portal Server has a problem with the AJX4JSF filter and <listener-class> tag which *is* in the web.xml even though I see this in the log files:

2007-01-08 14:55:41,000 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/web]] Exception starting filter ajax4jsf
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;

  <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

A quick googling seems to indicate this is a JBoss Portal Server bug.  Is this true?  If so, are there any workarounds short of not using AJAx4JSF?  Any time frame for this to be fixed?  Maybe in 2.6 Alpha?

TIA!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999580#3999580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999580