[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - A Strange issue :-(

noviceinjava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 07:17:31 EST 2007

Hi PPL,

Please help me fix this issue

I am using:

  Sun JDK 1.4.0_01
  Windows XP
  JBoss 3.2.7

I deployed statelessSession EJB to JBoss 3.2.7

I wrote a simple client application that performs a JNDI lookup for the
bean's home interface

The JNDI lookup (and subsequent cast) results in a "timed out" error message.

The JNDI server is running on localhost, port 8080. The client application
is configured to connect to localhost port 8080.

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out. Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Native Method)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:670)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:919)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:997)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:436)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:429)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
at com.foobar.FooAccessor.createHomeObject(FooAccessor.java:51)

How can I fix this issue?