[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam/ICEFaces Integration

TedGoddard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 16:09:36 EST 2007

I have reproduced the PhaseListener NullPointerException in the seam-icefaces booking application by changing synchronousUpdate to false (thereby enabling asynchronous update capability) in web.xml. Asynchronous updates are only needed for application-initiated page updates.  If your application is driven by user events (as is the case with most web applications) please set synchronousUpdate to "true".

  |     <context-param>
  |         <param-name>com.icesoft.faces.synchronousUpdate</param-name>
  |         <param-value>true</param-value>
  |     </context-param>

We have not extensively tested Seam with application-initiated update (since the sample applications do not require this capability), but are looking into this now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000147#4000147

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000147