[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - JBoss 2.0 beta crashes 20 times a day + OutOfMemory problems

infinity2heaven do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 11 10:55:56 EST 2007

I love the JBossIDE for its integrated setup of features but Its just sad that it keeps crashing every half hour atleast 10-20 times a day. I incresed the heap size to 512MB, even 1GB still I get outOfMemory problems. In fact my eclipse task bar only shows 40MB of heap usage at any time.

What is wrong with JBOSS IDE?

Im running windows xp SP2, 2 GB Ram, PIV, So have a high end machine at my end.

Can anyone suggest tweaks to this ide to make it work better?

The only other alternative is that I download base eclipse but I would be needing the following plugins from JBossIDE, If anyone can suggest me which folders/file plugins to copy from JBoss I could manually do that
1) generic server plugin (where I can configure/debug jboss+tomcat servers very easily). I really need this as with eclipse remote debugging doesnt work really
2)db browser plugin (really need this one!)
3)Jboss rules plugin

I work on spring/hibernate and dont need webservices or any of the J2EE components that come with JBossIDE

Can I configure my base eclipse to include the above plugins from JBossIDE?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000497#4000497

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000497