[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - RFI: Minimal JBoss webapp cluster config

alpheratz-jb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 11 18:29:08 EST 2007

I am developing a pure web application (no ejb/jms, etc.) using spring 2.0.1/spring webflow 1.0.1beta.

I want this to run across a two-node JBoss cluster (not Tomcat...I SUSPECT that future iterations of the app WILL need EJB3 and I don't want to have to tell management to move platforms when the time comes [they won't care about moving between configs, but moving between servers...scary {go figure}]).

The question is: how to configure a minimum usable JBoss for web clustering. By usable, I guess I mean that I still want farming support, JMX/web console but I'm not interested in JMS/EJB2/EMAIL/Quartz, etc.

I am sure that this is a FAQ (I have seen http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossASTuningSliming) but I am hoping for some specific pointers. Going through that list by hand seems to be asking for trouble or at least asking for MANY trial/fail iterations.

Anybody out there been down this path?

Cheers,

Alph

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000642#4000642