[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Singout

thanvi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 12 06:05:10 EST 2007

Hi,

I need to invoke an portlet which is in a different war, when the user clicks on the logout link in the user portlet.

I tried the following code to logout from the Portlet by doing a sendRedirect after the signout happens as below
	String locationURL = req.getParameter("locationURL");
  | 	if(locationURL != null){
  | 		resp.signOut(locationURL);
  | 	} else {
  | 		resp.signOut();
  | 	}
  | 	PortalNode thisNode2 = req.getPortalNode().getParent();
  | 	PortalNode linkToNode2 = thisNode2.resolve("../TestPortlet");
  | 	PortalNodeURL pageURL2 = resp.createRenderURL(linkToNode2);
  | 	resp.sendRedirect(pageURL2+"/TestPortletWindow?action=2");

This works fine, but after signout points to the TestPortlet page.

So I moved the code before signout as below.
But now the request is not going to the TestPortlet, instead only the signout in the portal happens

	String locationURL = req.getParameter("locationURL");
  | 	PortalNode thisNode2 = req.getPortalNode().getParent();
  | 	PortalNode linkToNode2 = thisNode2.resolve("../TestPortlet");
  | 	PortalNodeURL pageURL2 = resp.createRenderURL(linkToNode2);
  | 	resp.sendRedirect(pageURL2+"/TestPortletWindow?action=2");
  | 	if(locationURL != null){
  | 		resp.signOut(locationURL);
  | 	} else {
  | 		resp.signOut();
  | 	}
Can anyone let me know why this happens and how to resolve.
Also i am not getting the Window url when i do a createRenderURL

Please Help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000861#4000861

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000861