[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Custom Action setting variables

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 12 12:52:26 EST 2007

"leobaz2" wrote : Hello,

  | I have a custom action (extending ActionHandler) that creates a new Thread.

Don't do this. it is not allowed to start new threads from a java class. Use jbpm async functionality for this.

"leobaz2" wrote :

  | Inside this thread I am setting a variable using:
  |
  | executionContext.getContextInstance().setVariable(name, value);
  |
  | The problem I am seeing is that this variable is never set or seen by the other tasks.  Am I doing something wrong or is setting a variable is a new Thread just not supported?

Yes, you do something wrong. The variables are only persisted when you leave the actionhandler.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001053#4001053

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001053