[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: JBoss Web vs Tomcat?
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 14 18:39:41 EST 2007
A couple more questions:
1) Can you still use things like .htaccess in JBoss Web to get the full functionality that Apache offers in terms of its configuration power and flexibility? Or is .htaccess not possible in JBoss Web?
2) Does JBoss Web replace jbossweb-tomcat55.sar, or does it simply connect to it? (i.e. Will jbossweb-tomcat55.sar be necessary in the deploy directory of a JBoss configuration that's using JBoss Web?)
3) The following page says JBoss Web is a standalone web server. It looks like you start it up separately, you deploy things to its own deploy directory...if it's so standalone, do you front JBoss AS with JBoss Web (sort of like how you from Tomcat wth Apache), or do you have two distinct servers running simultaneously - JBoss AS and JBoss Web? I hope it's the former option because of my next question...
4) If currently I deploy EARs to JBoss AS that contain JARs and WARs, how would I make it work if the WARs now need to be put in the JBoss Web deploy dir rather than the JBoss AS deploy dir, if there are two separate servers running?
5) If there are not two separate servers running and you in fact connect JBoss Web to intercept requests to JBoss AS or something like that, what's the benefit to connecting JBoss Web to JBoss AS, versus connecting Apache to jbossweb-tomcat55.sar?
The performance graph on the JBoss Web homepage only compares JBoss Web to Tomcat alone...I wonder where Apache+Tomcat would lay on that graph...probably up there with JBoss Web? I say this because Apache+Tomcat is supposed to seriously outperform Tomcat alone when serving static content...so what's the benefit to connecting JBoss Web to JBoss AS, versus connecting Apache to jbossweb-tomcat55.sar?
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001598#4001598
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001598
More information about the jboss-user